The Minotaur is a monster who lurks in the center of a maze…in order to escape the maze, you must conquer the monster within.
The race course represents the maze, and the minotaur represents all of the obstables standing in your way…including yourself.
This race will take you to places you’ve never been, give you views and experiences you’ll never forget, and will awaken a monster inside you that you never knew was there…the question is, who will win?
New for 2019: Every year we have included a “Short Course” for the Minotaur. In years past, the Short Course was a re-route for racers who did not want to fully commit to the entire course or for racers who did not reach certain checkpoints before the critical time cut-off. We will continue to have a Short Course option for 2019, however because we value your effort, we’ve decided to now officially time and rank Short Course racers and have separate podium recognition for the top 3 males and females. Our Short Course will now be known as the “Mini-taur” and should still not be underestimated. Saying that, the Minitaur is a great option for those who are on the fence about tackling the full Minotaur.
2018 Race Course Stats:
- Distance/Vert: 17. 6 km, 2464 m of climbing (8083 feet)
2019 Race Course Stats:
- Distance/Vert for Minotaur: 19.7 km, 2250 m of climbing (7380 feet)
- Distance/Vert for Mini-taur: 13.3 km, 1100 m of climbing (3608 feet)
The 2019 course start location will be revealed at RACE PACKAGE PICK-UP and racers will not see or experience the course until they are actually on it.
What can you expect?
- 8 hours to complete the course
- High alpine terrain
- Big climbs, big descents
- Logs, scree, talus, boulders, cliffs
- A short course option (aka the Minitaur) for those who don’t want to commit to the full Minotaur but who still want to experience Mino Terrain.