Good times! Good karma!
Send an email to HQ@meettheminotaur.com to let us know if you are interested in volunteering. Be sure to let us know if you have a specific skill set that would apply to this event or if you have certain days or times that you are available.
Volunteering at the Minotaur SkyRace and Mini-Taur 10km is a great way to immerse yourself amongst world class outdoor athletes challenging themselves in the mountains without having to break as much sweat! As with any event, volunteers are essential to the success of a well-run race.
The races have a number of different volunteer positions available, when signing up to volunteer with us don’t forget to let us know if you have any special skill sets and or talents that may be of use to us when running the event. These include but are not limited to:
- Medical training, first aid
- Backcountry experience
- Alpine Experience (climbing, rescue, etc)
- ATV Use and/or ownership
- Past race volunteer experience
We know that events like this can’t take place without your assistance, as a thanks for participating all volunteers can expect the following in return:
- The satisfaction of knowing you helped in delivering a professionally run event that is part of the Migu Run Skyrunner® World Series, and the chance to work alongside international race officials and athletes.
- Appreciation from race participants who know we couldn’t do it without your help
- A souvenir from the Minotaur race organizers
- Your name in a draw for awesome prizes from our sponsors
Volunteer positions include but are not limited to:
- Registration and race check in
- Equipment and gear check
- Start/Finish set up and take down
- Remote Alpine Checkpoints (Good physical fitness a requirement for access)
- Standard Checkpoints
- Finish Line Festivities
- Clean up and Tear down
- Traffic control
Volunteer Recommended Gear List:
- Waterproof Jacket
- Warm Jacket
- Good, comfortable footwear suitable for the mountains
- Hat for sun protection and warmth
- Folding or collapsible chair
- Headlamp (just in case…)
- Water for the day
- An enthusiastic cheering voice!
- Cell phone
If your position is to be up high in the mountains you may also want to consider:
- Long pants
- Gloves for warmth and protection
- Insulated jacket